Australia is a land of many wonders. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. You have to go to Aussie Land and take some photographs of the tourist spots to enjoy the process instead of vicariously reading about it in books. So, what are you waiting for? Book that ticket and explore Australia for all its worth. The one destination we would recommend is North Queensland. It is a tropical paradise and has a warm balmy climate. The following are some of its major attractions:
- Cairns: This outdoorsy place is a Nature enthusiast’s dream come true. There is dining in the open and also a Botanical Garden. Enjoy the delicious seafood with gusto. It lies close to the Great Barrier Reef, which is teeming with all sorts of marine life forms.
- Atherton Tablelands: A photographer’s heaven, this tropical lush green haven is the rainforests site and other examples of greenery. The wildlife is colourful and comes in myriad shapes and sizes. There is many a farmer’s market in the region which will fuel your nutrition plans. Also, the coffee in the area is globally recognized.
- Port Douglas: You will get a chance to swim in the pools and bodies of water to your heart’s content. There is a beach that is full of seashells. The nightlife is worth a gander, and for the foodies, there is no lack of something tasty to eat. Also, it is an excellent place to go on shopping sprees.
- Palm Cove: Many colonial buildings and plantations exist in this region. It is named after the palm trees which are present in a great state. Sufficient dining opportunities are tasty and memorable. The beach is the ideal place to go barefoot and when you are tired you can sleep on a hammock.
- Cape York: There are many hiking trails and dirt roads where you can take your four-wheel drive anytime you feel like it. Also, the nature reserves and parks are stunningly panoramic. A historical museum exists, and it holds artefacts and objects of interest from a bygone era.
- Torres Strait: This is a water world where everything is in its pristine state. The blue waters will entice you to venture into them whether by boat or personally with scuba diving equipment. There is lots of wildlife, and the aboriginal culture here is rich in its scope.
Some other sources of amusement are listed below:
- Mission Beach
- Cape Tribulation
- Wallaman Falls
- Boodjamula National Park
The primary sources of fun in your holidays in North Queensland will be the sense of adventure and the rest & relaxation. In this magnet for tourists, it is not only the destination that counts but also the journey. The place is filled with spectacular magic, and the trip will be one where you will have countless memories to recount to the people back home.
Another unique point to be considered is the waterways in the region where you can go swimming or dip into for the sheer heck of it. Some of these are given below. Explore them and refresh your body, mind and soul:
- Davies Creek Falls
- Halls Falls
- Stoney Creek Falls
- Musgrave Trail
- Josephine Falls
- Cardwell Spa Pool
We will leave you with two other nooks and crannies worth going in North Queensland:
- Cape Hillsborough: A place full of kangaroos and other forms of wildlife, you can walk along dirt trails and even climb a cliff or two if you are fit enough.
- Airlie Beach: There is so much to see here. Besides the beach, there are a waterfall and palm trees under which you can eat a locally-cooked lunch with your family